AKM provided construction management and inspection services during construction of the project which involved:
- Two separate forcemain alignments
- 900 lineal feet of 12-inch SDR 35 PVC gravity sewer and manholes along Monarch Bay Drive
- Construction of approximately 2,250 lineal feet of 18-inch AWWA C905 sewer force main with epoxy lined and coated ductile iron fittings along Pacific Coast Highway and Monarch Bay Drive
- Providing a temporary sewer bypass system
- Tie-in new facilities to existing gravity sewers at two locations and the force main at one location.
- The construction of 8 sewer manholes
- Lining of 3 sewer manholes
- Installing an AC berm and concrete curb
- Replacing sidewalk, landscaping, irrigation, speed bumps, and concrete cross gutters
- 2” AC pavement grind and overlay
The project encroached into 3 separate home owners associations (HOA) and spans 2 gated communities. The project is located within the City of Dana Point and required close coordination with the City and all 3 HOAs.